Friday, May 10, 2013

Sort Of Flannel Friday: Baby Shark!

This song has become a huge hit at my baby and toddler programs. I have had reports from parents and nannies of how they are singing this at home.

A week or two ago, a nanny showed up with her charge at my baby program along with Grandma and Grandpa. So that day we added "Grandma" and "Grandpa" as extra big arm gesture sharks.

And several weeks ago my 13 year old daughter JR crooked her finger at me for some reason, and I sang this song at her. "I remember that!" she exclaimed, but she'd forgotten the "Gotcha!" at the end.

I got this song via Babygarden's demonstration video.  I couldn't put up a clip from that on my blog for the parents, so I made this short film instead. JR wasn't impressed by it, but I think it's kind of fun.

You could make flannels of the characters and sing this, but I really like showing parents that all you need at home with your kids are your hands and your voice. And they all love this song!

3 comments:

  1. One of my favorites too since Girl Scout Days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the video! The baby shark is so FUN! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found this song on The Learning Station's Best Kid's Songs. Can't wait to use it with my storytimers!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me YOUR story!
(Please note that trolls of the kind who tend to live in apartments rather than under bridges will be mocked mercilessly, especially in terms of grammar and spelling...)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...