Friday, April 15, 2011

Why This Blog?

Because for the last 5-7 years I have been itching to do a blog for the library I work for. Somewhere to share story time with my patrons, especially the parents who send their kids to story hours with the nannies and never come in themselves!

But there are fears of legal repercussions (rolls eyes) and a failure to see how vital this sort of thing could be. Particularly since there is constant talk about the "21st century library" and moving with technology. How can we do that if we don't use current technology?

I approached our deputy director and begged her once more to let me do a blog like this, and it may be that in the near future I can make a public blog, one which ties back to the library. Meanwhile I am going to use this one to  keep track of things for myself and to share my story hours with anyone out there who works with kids.

Enjoy, borrow freely (that's what librarians always do with new ideas) and please let me know what works and doesn't work for you!

The Library Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me YOUR story!
(Please note that trolls of the kind who tend to live in apartments rather than under bridges will be mocked mercilessly, especially in terms of grammar and spelling...)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...